Planning 4 Change 2016 – Travel & Accommodation Guidelines
November 7 & 8
Novotel Sydney Central
The information below has been prepared for confirmed participants of Planning 4 Change 2016 (P4C2016). Please review and feel free to contact our team if you have any questions or concerns.
Travel by plane, intercity bus and intercity train
- Participants were asked to indicate their travel requirements as part of the application process. Once your place at P4C2016 has been confirmed, a member of our team will be in contact to make arrangements should bookings be required.
- Travel will be booked by Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) on behalf of the participant.
- CCNSW will cover the cost of one return economy fare (from your closest nominated airport), including one item of check-in baggage as per the weight and size guidelines stipulated by the transport company.
- CCNSW will not accept charges for insurance, excess baggage, meals or on-board entertainment.
- Changes/cancellations: Should a situation arise requiring a ticket change or cancellation, please contact us immediately to ensure we minimise any fees involved as a result of booking changes.
Travel by public transport
CCNSW will reimburse costs for bus, train and ferry travel within the Sydney metro network. If you use an Opal card, simply print off your transaction history (via your online account), highlight your journey and provide as your receipt. If you have an Opal single-use ticket, please provide the ticket/receipt for reimbursement.
Travel by car and parking
- Participants may elect to be reimbursed for the use of a private vehicle under one of the following options:
- Option 1: Please reimburse me at the award rate of 61c per km*
- Option 2: Please reimburse me at the lower rate of 12c per km* (calculated to cover petrol costs only)
- Option 3: Please reimburse me at the lower rate of 24c per km* (calculated as twice the petrol cost, to offset running cost of vehicle)
- Option 4: Please reimburse me for petrol cost as per receipts provided.
- Secure undercover parking is available at the Novotel Sydney Central (via Wilson Parking) at a discounted rate of $30.00 per vehicle per day or $35.00 per vehicle per night. As the venue is within walking distance of public transport, it is preferred that participants utilise this where possible to minimise our event costs.
- If you need to drive (because of health reasons, or you are coming from a regional area where driving is more convenient) and therefore require a parking space, we are happy to reimburse you for parking costs at the Novotel Sydney Central. Parking costs incurred at other parking venues cannot be reimbursed.
- Parking tickets must be validated at the Novotel Sydney Central concierge prior to departure otherwise you will be charged the full rate by Wilson Parking.
- Please contact us to book a parking space by no later than October 31.
- Because start and finish times of the event are around peak hour, we suggest you factor extra time into your journey to ensure you arrive on time.
- We value your time and commitment and want to do all we can to remove barriers to your involvement. CCNSW will provide reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses* upon production of a receipt and/or ticket and completed volunteer reimbursement form. CCNSW cannot provide reimbursement where no documentation is supplied.
- All claims for reimbursement must be made within 2 months of the cost being incurred.
- All claims will be processed via our accounts department and cannot be provided during event days.
- Overall we ask that you only apply for reimbursement costs that are fair and reasonable for a charity.
- *Out of pocket expenses include:
- Travel to/from the Novotel Sydney Central; and,
- Meal costs if you are staying at venue or away from home (ie with family or a friend) during the event. If you would like assistance to cover costs we can help you with a reimbursement of up to $48.00 per meal (excluding alcohol which we cannot reimburse you for).
- Participants were asked to indicate their accommodation requirements as part of the application process. Once your place at P4C2016 has been confirmed, a member of our team will be in contact to make arrangements.
- Accommodation will be at Novotel Sydney Central. CCNSW will not reimburse you for accommodation at other venues.
- Accommodation will be booked by CCNSW on behalf of the participant.
- At least one night's accommodation (incl. breakfast) will be offered to confirmed participants who reside outside of the Sydney metropolitan area (extra accommodation nights can be provided if travel arrangements warrant this). However, if you able to stay with family or friends we encourage you to do so, in order to reduce costs to Cancer Council NSW.
- In a further effort to reduce costs, accommodation is provided on a twin share basis (meaning that participants will share a room with another Planning 4 Change 2016 participant).
- CCNSW will endeavour to "buddy" participants who are the same gender and who are similar age. Please contact us if you would like to share a room with a specific person who is attending P4C2016 and we will do our best to accommodate your request based on availability.
- If you have any special circumstances that require a single room, please contact us with your request.
- If you prefer a single room but do not have special circumstances, you can choose to pay a single room supplement of $129.50/night. Please contact us to arrange.
- Room incidentals: participants will be charged for the cost of any incidentals related to their stay at Novotel Sydney Central, (including but not limited to) room service, wired internet usage, phone calls, minibar, in room movies, restaurant meals. You will be asked to provide a credit card upon check in as security (a bond will be held on your card). Upon check out you will be asked to pay for any incidentals mentioned above. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please contact us to discuss.
- Cancellations: as a community funded organisation CCNSW has a responsibility to spend its funds wisely. We therefore ask you to ensure, to the best of your ability, that you will be able to attend P4C2016 prior to asking CCNSW to organise accommodation on your behalf. If due to an unforseen circumstance you are later unable to attend P4C2016 we ask that you make CCNSW aware of this immediately to ensure CCNSW can obtain the maximum refund for the room booking.
If you have a question that has not been covered in the content above, feel free to contact us to discuss.