CanAct is a community of thousands of advocates with the passion and power to change what politicians do about cancer.
Every year in NSW, more than 37,500 new cases of cancer are expected to be diagnosed. The impact on families, carers and communities is significant.
But it doesn't have to be this way. There is much that we can do, together, to reduce the incidence and burden of cancer. We can raise valuable funds for cancer research. We can volunteer in our local communities. And we can call on decision-makers, including governments, to deliver better policies and programs.
In the past, the CanAct community has successfully advocated for successive governments to:
- abolish co-payments for Highly Specialised chemotherapy drugs;
- protect the community from e-cigarettes;
- introduce smoke-free outdoor areas;
- improve sun protection policies for primary schools;
- ensure cigarettes are out of sight in retail stores;
- increase funding for bowel cancer screening; and
- ban commercial solariums.
And, together, we can make an even bigger difference. We can ensure there is more funding for palliative care; that people undergoing cancer treatment have access to affordable car parking; and that tobacco retail reforms make it easier for people to quit smoking.
Will you join CanAct and help us change what politicians do about cancer?