Planning for Change 2018 - Travel and Accommodation Guidelines
Friday July 27, 2018 | The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
UPDATE [21.6.18]: The program Planning for Change 2018 has been reduced to one day and occur on Friday July 27 only.
The information below has been prepared for Planning for Change 2018 (P4C2018) participants. Please review and feel free to contact the Policy & Advocacy team if you have any questions or concerns.
Travel by plane, intercity bus and intercity train
- As part of the registration process, participants were asked to indicate their travel requirements. Once your place at P4C2018 has been confirmed via email (by end of May), a member of the Policy & Advocacy team will be in contact to make arrangements should bookings be required.
- Travel will be booked by Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) on behalf of the participant.
- CCNSW will cover the cost of one return economy fare (from your closest nominated airport/departure town), including one item of check-in baggage as per the weight and size guidelines stipulated by the transport company.
- CCNSW will not accept charges for insurance, excess baggage, meals or on-board entertainment (not included in the ticket).
- Changes/cancellations: Should a situation arise requiring a ticket change or cancellation, please contact us immediately to ensure we minimise any fees involved as a result of booking changes.
Travel by public transport
CCNSW will reimburse costs for bus, train and ferry travel within the Sydney metro and intercity transport network. If you use an Opal card, simply print off your transaction history (via your online account), highlight your journey and provide as your receipt. If you have an Opal single-use ticket, please provide the ticket/receipt for reimbursement. For more information about how to get to the venue via public transport, click here.
Travel by car and parking
- Participants may elect to be reimbursed for the use of a private vehicle under one of the following options:
- Option 1: Please reimburse me at the award rate of 61c per km*
- Option 2: Please reimburse me at the lower rate of 12c per km* (calculated to cover petrol costs only)
- Option 3: Please reimburse me at the lower rate of 24c per km* (calculated as twice the petrol cost, to offset running cost of vehicle)
- Option 4: Please reimburse me for petrol cost as per receipts provided.
- Secure undercover parking is located beneath The Sydney Boulevard Hotel, with direct elevator access. Parking entrance is via Robinson Street at the back of the hotel. As the venue is within walking distance of public transport, it is preferred that participants utilise this where possible to minimise our event costs. However, if you need to drive (because of health reasons, or you are coming from a regional area where driving is more convenient) and therefore require a parking space, we are able to cover the cost of parking at The Sydney Boulevard Hotel. Parking costs incurred at other parking venues will not be reimbursed.
- Parking tickets must be validated at The Sydney Boulevard Hotel concierge prior to departure so that the cost can be charged back to CCNSW.
- IMPORTANT! Please contact us to book a parking space by no later than Friday 20 July.
- Because start and finish times of the event are around peak hour, we suggest you factor extra time into your journey to ensure you arrive on time.
For more information about reimbursements, see section below.
We value your time and commitment and want to do all we can to remove barriers to your involvement. CCNSW will provide reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses* upon production of a receipt and/or ticket and completed volunteer reimbursement form. Unfortunately CCNSW cannot provide reimbursement where no documentation is supplied.
- All claims for reimbursement must be made within 2 months of the cost being incurred.
- All claims will be processed via our accounts department and cannot be provided during event days.
- Overall we ask that you only apply for reimbursement costs that are fair and reasonable for a charity.
*Out of pocket expenses include:
- Travel to/from The Sydney Boulevard Hotel; and,
- Meal costs if you are staying at venue or away from home (ie with family or a friend) during the event. If you would like assistance to cover costs we can help you with a reimbursement of up to $50.00 per meal (excluding alcohol which we cannot reimburse you for).
As part of the registration process, participants were asked to indicate their accommodation requirements. Once your place at P4C2018 has been confirmed via email (by end of May), a member of our team will be in contact to make arrangements.
- Accommodation will be at The Sydney Boulevard Hotel. Unfortunately CCNSW cannot reimburse you for accommodation at other venues.
- Accommodation will be booked by CCNSW on behalf of the participant.
- At least one night's accommodation (incl. breakfast) will be offered to confirmed participants who reside more than 1 hours’ travel time from the venue. Extra accommodation nights can be provided if travel arrangements warrant this.
- If you are able to stay with family or friends we encourage you to do so, in order to minimise our event costs.
- In a further effort to reduce event costs, accommodation is provided on a twin share basis (meaning that it is preferential for participants to share a room with another P4C2018 participant). CCNSW will endeavour to "buddy" participants who are the same gender and age. Please contact the Policy & Advocacy team if you would like to share a room with a specific person who is attending P4C2018 and we will do our best to accommodate your request based on availability.
- If you have any special circumstances that require a single room, please don’t hesitate to contact the Policy & Advocacy team with your request.
- If you would simply prefer a single room, you can choose to pay a single room supplement of $120.00/night. A “limited” number of single rooms are available. Please contact the Policy & Advocacy team to arrange.
IMPORTANT! Room incidentals: Guests will be charged for the cost of any incidentals related to their stay at The Sydney Boulevard Hotel (including but not limited to) room service, phone calls, minibar, restaurant meals and beverages and printing/photocopying. As the guest, you will be liable for these charges and upon check-in will be asked to provide one of the following as security:
- credit card – a hold of $1.00 as a pre-authorisation for the duration of the stay.
- debit card/cash – a hold of $100.00 per room as a pre-authorisation for the duration of the stay.
- If you do not have a credit card or debit card or have any questions or concerns about this process, please contact our team to discuss.
- Upon check out you will be asked to pay for any incidentals mentioned above. Please note this is a requirement of the hotel. Any holds placed on cards that are not used, will be released by the hotel on the day of check out. However, please allow up to 5 business days for your bank to release the funds.
- A valid photo ID must be presented when checking in.
As a community funded organisation CCNSW has a responsibility to spend its funds wisely. We therefore ask you to ensure, to the best of your ability, that you will be able to attend P4C2018 prior to asking CCNSW to organise travel and/or accommodation on your behalf. If due to an unforeseen circumstance you are later unable to attend P4C2018, we ask that you make CCNSW aware of this immediately to ensure we can obtain a refund where possible and/or reallocate your room to another participant.
If you have a question that has not been covered in the content above, feel free to contact the Policy & Advocacy team to discuss.