South West Sydney
South Western Sydney Cancer Advocacy Network (SWSCAN)
SWSCAN is a network of volunteers (supported by Cancer Council NSW) who advocate for cancer patients, their carers and the community on cancer related issues in South Western Sydney and across NSW.
Examples of current and recent campaigns:
- $100 million funding commitment by NSW Government for palliative care services across NSW.
- Abolishment of co-payments for highly specialised chemotherapy drugs.
- Legislation passed banning smoking in public areas.
- Ban on commercial solariums in NSW.
- Liverpool Hospital car parking campaign for cancer patients.
Members of the community are welcome to come along to a meeting to see what we do. Meetings are currently held monthly for 2 hours on Saturday mornings.
If you would like more information about SWSCAN, or would like to attend a meeting please contact Melissa Mackay.
02 9354 2071
43 Hunter Street
(PO Box 3428)
Parramatta NSW 2150
02 9354 2000